Sunset Cove/Sunset Cove Estates
Sunset Cove and Sunset Cove Estates feature waterfront home sites in an exclusive master-planned, gated community nestled in Galveston Island's scenic west bay cove. This bayside location is an ideal blend of privacy and proximity – set serenely apart – yet convenient to all bay, beach and in-town activities.
- 157 acres of pristine west Galveston Island home sites
- Large, raised waterfront bay view, beach view and cul-de-sac lots
- Boat docks in the backyard with immediate access to Galveston Bay
- Pool, pool house, open-air pavilion, and tennis court
- Complimentary Social Membership to Galveston Country Club
- Three community parks and walking trails meandering throughout our coastal nature preserve
- Elegant community gazebo for bird watching, picnics and spectacular sunset viewing
- Lushly landscaped, gated entrance
- Concrete-curbed streets with storm sewers
- Full underground utilities
- Highly protective deed restrictions - no short term rentals allowed
Sunset Cove partnered with the Galveston Bay Foundation in granting them a conservation easement over its 40-acre nature preserve. The entire project represents “no net loss of wetlands.” Sunbird Development L.P., the developer for Sunset Cove, also contributed a significant matching grant to GBF that was instrumental in its acquiring total matching funds of $700,000 for the implementation of a Sea Grass Restoration Project completed in the cove immediately north of Sunset Cove.